Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Ashley Smith
Photographed by Paul Empson
Ellery Fall Campaign 2011

Today was the first day of Winter for us Australians. It's not quite like the Northern Hemisphere Winter but believe it or not we do actually get snow in some parts of Australia. Unfortunately, we don't in Sydney but they do in the Blue Mountains in the really cool winters, which is only about 2 hours west of Sydney. I personally love Winter - the boots, scarfs, woollen coats, fur, hot chocolate with marshmallows, homemade soup and rugging-up by a heater or fire. I don't think I'll be hitting the slopes this year but I would sure love to. Even though I went snowboarding year after year at Perisher (one of the Australian snowfield),  and have been to Europe, America & Canada in the Winter, I still get extremely excited whenever I see snow! I especially love a white Christmas and the magical atmosphere that comes with it. Everything just looks so beautiful covered in fresh white flakes of snow :) 



 Oh I get so excited about rugging-up in fur whether real or faux!

 Blogger Columbine Smille looking uber chic in a camel coat

 Diane Kruger looking casual & cute in her Winter Attire



 Sure the traditional winter fur boots & knit sweater may be a little kitsch but I can't help love them :)

 Dream winter holiday activity - Ice-skating in NYC's Central Park

 Natalia Vodianova in Vogue Italia 2002

Oh so pretty!

Pics from Fashion Gone Rogue, We Heart It, They all hate us, Columbine Smille, Bella 185, Wildfox & Etc...

2 comments:

  1. lovely post!!
    check out my blog, there's a swimsuit as giveaway!
    http://sevendeadlysinss.blogspot.com/2011/05/summer-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like your blog! Lots of nice pictures and god inspiration!
    Do you want to follow each other? :D
    let me know!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)