Monday, March 22, 2010

Warm & Fuzzy at Chanel & D&G

 Chanel Fall 2010

D&G Fall 2010
Images from I LOVE WILDFOX!

I am a fur fanatic - both genuine and faux. I have a collection of fur hats, scarves, coats, bags, belts and even footwear.  How Cruella de Ville of me! It all began when I was 10 years old and my mother bought me a faux leopard fur coat in Katoomba which I wore religiously for many winter seasons to come and still wear from time to time. I only buy vintage real fur pieces and restrict myself to rabbit and fox. I am against the killing of endangered species such as bears and leopards etc for their fur, unlike rabbit and foxes which are pests to the environment they live in. I believe that fur should be bought as a classic, rather than something you wear of a season and then dispose of or keep in your closet unworn. On the weekend I was excited to purchase a gorgeous chocolate brown fur coat from an antique store in Berima on a day trip to the country. I was thrilled to see fur boots worn at the Fall Chanel and D and G shows in Paris. I can't wait to put my fur pieces to good use once the weather gets cooler. I think a trip to the snow is in order this upcoming season because  unfortunately, there are few Sydney Winter says which a cool enough to wear fur, other than the mornings and evenings.

2 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about the designs at the Chanel show. but oh so excited about the resurgence of faux fur in fashion.
    Faux fur is not just for winter anymore either. Check out the sexy choker I design for your summer-time fur fix! Looking for cute-as-can-be spring handbags in... you guessed it... faux fur? Check it all out at www.fuzzifauxfur.com
    Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove this Chanel show! I mean an ICEBERG... gotta love Karl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)