Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Everyone calls me Coco. I'm mad for Chanel.

I have loved Chanel since I first lay eyes on a bottle of Chanel perfume on my grandmother's dressing table when I was about 4 years old. I remember the bottle looking so shinny and perfect.  With age I have come to love the label more and more. I can't walk past a Chanel store without going in to dream for a few moments. The label has a timeless elegance which transcends all age groups. My favourite Chanel items have to be the 2.55 quilted bag, the two-tone ballet slippers and pearl necklaces - they will never go out of style. It's fascinating how Chanel revamps these classic items in each season's collection.


The new Chanel short film by Karl Lagerfeld titled 'Remember Now' featuring the 2010/2011 Cruise collection is fantastic. Sure, the plot may not be anything to rave about - young, attractive model drawn to a much older man blah blah. As for the clothes, the location (Saint Tropez) and the drop top Rolls Royce Phantom - it couldn't be anymore glamourous and stylish! I just love it when Abbey Lee is mistaken for Jane Birkin and Magdalena is dancing around the guy on the motorcycle dressed as Brigitte Bardot. The clothes are to die for - the jewelled dresses, lace tops, fine feathers, and of course the chic Chanel tweed jacket.  The film made me want to run off to the South of France to enjoy the European Summer. Check it out below. Enjoy! 

Part 1:

Part 2:


Favourite looks from the collection:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)