Monday, August 23, 2010

A few days in paradise

On Thursday last week, I went up to the Gold Coast to spend two nights at the Marriott Resort, Surfers Paradise, with my close friend Sam. Sam and I have been friend's since the early days of high school and it was our forth trip to the Gold Coast together. After a rocky start of nearly missing my flight due to shocking traffic surrounding the airport, I managed to have an amazing stay at the hotel. We hardly left the place! There isn't much reason to leave when you have an amazing pool, spa, room service and the perfect view over the pool, river and ocean from your suite. I'm in urgent need to hit to gym after all those breakfast, lunches and dinners we devoured - Pancakes, Club Sandwiches, Sushi, Tepanyaki & Fruit Cocktails. We had lovely warm weather for two out of the three days. It was great to leave Sydney's cold weather behind, put on a swimming costume and lounge by the pool. I even got to go snorkelling with the tropical fish in the hotel lagoon! On the Friday night we checked out nightclubs East & Platinum in Broadbeach, which I plan to revisit when I return in the Summer. Unfortunately, I had some problems with my camera again so we had to use my iphone. Here are some pic from our lovely little holiday:

View over the hotel pool area from our suite

In my Lisa Ho Swimsuit

Climbing a tree in a Camilla Kaftan my the hotel lagoon!



The gorgeous Sam climbing the tree with a cast on her arm. Crazy girl!



Our new friend

The tropical fish in the hotel lagoon where I went snorkelling


Sam looking like Disney's Little Mermaid on a rock :)

In my Anna & Boy bikini and a kaftan given to me by my Mum

I wish I was still there!

Back to uni today - 16 degrees weather, rain, 6 hours of class. Back to reality...

3 comments:

  1. well LISA HO sure knows how to make a bikini lol.
    your pics looked fantastic!
    hope you had loads of fun in paradise :)

    http://4everfashionlee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Lisa Ho swimmers!
    May I ask if you purchased this recently and where?
    I'm assuming this is the same Lisa Ho, who designs all the beautiful gowns?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica,
    Yes it is the same Lisa Ho with the fabulous dresses. Unfortunately, I purchased the swimsuit a couple of summers ago. It's become one of my favs. I haven't seen the current swimwear collection. I'm not sure if a swimwear line has even been released this season. Perhaps checks out the Lisa Ho website for stockists. Happy swimsuit shopping :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)