Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Rosemount Sydney Fashion Festival 2010

So it's been a while since my last post. Between my internet being down and the rush to get my law assignment done, it's been hard to fit in time for posts. But the internet is back now, assignment handed in and I'm eager to share all the things I've come across in the last week.


Back on Saturday 28th August, my pal Amy and I attended the closing show at the Rosemount Sydney Fashion Festival at Town Hall. We had been looking forward to the festival for months. The show we attended featured Australian designers Dion Lee, Ellery (one of my favs designers), Friedrich Gray, Gail Sorronda, Konstantina Mittas, Lui Hon, Romance was Born, Wonderland, Stolen Girlfriends Club and Therese Rawsthorne. 

Before the show, we checked out the Fashion Hub where we sipped on fruity Rosemount O Wine, took some photos on the red carpet (all of which I look shocking in) and had a walk around to check out the various stands. I was amazed to see how stylish everyone looked and how many good looking straight guys were in attendance - tight fitting black suits and suede lace up shoes seemed to be their outfit of choice. There were some gorgeous dresses about, especially from Camilla and Marc's latest collection. 

The stage for the show looked amazing in Sydney's grand Town Hall. The contrast of the modern & simple stage and seating, up against the elaborate historic building was breathtaking. There were a great selection of looks from the designers and the models were fantastic. I had already seen the collections before in magazines, on blogs etc, but it was great to see them in the flesh. The Sydney Fashion Festival has become an avenue for designers to showcase their latest collections, which are currently in store, in attempt to entice you to buy them. So now I further enticed to buy at least one piece from the Ellery Spring Collection I've been drooling over the last few months....

I will definitely be revisiting the festival next year!

P.S. I still haven't managed to get my camera sorted. Please excuse the poor quality.  

Pics I've sourced from the net of the various shows:
Camilla Spring/Summer 2011 Babylon Collection on the steps of Town Hall
Ahhh I want to add another Camilla kaftan to my wardrobe!


Australia's Next Top Model contestants with Sarah Murdoch at the Bonds show


Jennifer Hawkins in Lovable at the Hot in the City Intimates Show


Dr Rey's Shapewear


Lisa Maree Swimwear at the Ella Bache Splash Swim & Resort Wear


Myer Spring/Summer Launch


Sass & Bide at Marie Claire Gala Opening


Alex Perry at Marie Claire Gala Opening


Maire Claire Gala Opening
Love this look. Can anyone I.D. the designer?
My guess is Ellery perhaps?






Nikky Hilton at the Charlie Brown Show
Not overly a fan of Charlie Brown but love the floral prints and headwear!!!






Alex Perry Arabian Princess Summer 2010/2011 Collection


My pics:
Myself at the festival - wearing a Lisa Ho Bodysuit, Moschino Blazer with a Wheels & Dollbaby Skirt


Ellery


Lui Hon




The finale


Internet pics from Sassi Sam, Sydney Confidential, 2day Fm & Pop Sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

BECOME A FOLLOWER OF

Hôtel de Mode

It's easy. If you have a google account simply click "Follow with Google Friend Connect" in the sidebar on the right or click "Follow" in the tool bar at the top of the page.

If you don't have a Google account you can still follow using Bloglovin' by clicking on the flashing Eiffel Tower in the sidebar on the right. It only take a few moments.

Followers are greatly appreciated :)